Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday & Turkey Day...Gobble,Gobble

Today Luke turned 5, and it has been an emotional week for me, I don't know where the time has gone. Bob and I watched his birth video last night and all I could think about was how it seems like just yesterday I was going to the hospital to have him.

We didn't go home to Arizona for Thanksgiving we stayed in Texas and this was our first year alone with no rushing around to visit family. I've never made a Turkey before and I was afraid of doing the whole meal, but it went off with out a hitch and I received rave reviews from Bob, the boys on the other hand only ate the green beans.

We have been sick for almost a week now, so we were not feeling too hot for Thanksgiving or today for Luke's birthday, so we nixed our plans to visit NASA and took the boys to see Madagascar 2, they had a blast and then we bought Luke some books and he was ready to go home and sit in his new "thinking chair" (bean-bag) and do some reading. We did our little family birthday party of cake and ice-cream and gave Luke his new Transformers robots and he's in heaven. I only hope the next 5 years go much slower...

No comments: